In this project, you will be required to research a particular location that has been linked to First Nations culture. Once you have been given a location, you will need to include the following information in a handout format:
- Title and your name
- A map of where this is located
- A picture of this location and the important aspects of it
- Which nation likely used this location?
- What information have we gathered about this location using archaeological procedures?
- What information have we gathered about this location from indigenous ways of knowing?
- What is the generally accepted purpose of this location?
- Any other, interesting facts that you found about this location.
Be sure to cite your resources, for now, just keep a list and we will work on the citations afterwards.
The final product for this project should be a blog post that contains a minimum of 300 words and include a minimum of 2 pictures. You may choose to put all of your information into a Word document to start.
The locations that you may choose from are:
- Head-Smashed in Buffalo Jump
- Moose Mountain Medicine Wheel
- Victor Petroglyphs
- Brockinton (in Manitoba)
- Suffield Tipi Rings
- Zephyr Creek Pictographs
- Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park
Please tell Mrs. Taylor your choice before starting.